VERSION 18.104.22.168 (22.04.2020)
This version brings many updates and bugfixes to SnaX! Of new features are the new chip for screen space ambient accolusion(SSAO) implementing Nvidia’s HBAO+ library, support for loading HDR-textures, many updates for efficient implementation of physical based rendering (PBR), and more. A couple of new examples demonstrates how to implement shadow-mapping, HDR-rendering including tonemapping and calculation of average luminance using historgrams, physically based rendering and the popular FXAA-algorithm for anti-aliasing!
- Added chip for Nvidia’s Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO+) library!
- HDR textures (.HDR-files) are now supported for both read and write through the Texture dialog!
- GraphicsBuffer can now also be used as a UAV. “UAV write” -> “CB read” is now possible!
- Added tangent space for most primitives (Primitive-chip).
- Added TextArray chip + config dialog.
- Added config dialogs for InstanceRefByValueMap and InstanceRefByTextMap.
- Value-, Vector- and MatrixOperator have lots of new standard linear algebra operations.
- ExpressionMatrix and ExpressionVector is deprecated. Use MatrixOperator and VectorOperator instead!
- ExpressionValue is no longer to accept Vectors and Matrices as input!
- Added “Get Chip Timestamp” to ValueOperator.
- Added “Always trigger on first call” option to Trigger-chip.
- GraphicsValue added the “Get subresource index” option.
- GraphicsCommand added options “Destroy resource” and “Set texture parameters”.
- Importer now flips normals for back facing triangles in the default pixel shader.
- Shader dialog now makes better use of screen space.
- Some UI-improvements and tooltips to Texture and GraphicsResource dialogs.
- Replaced the chip search option “Match exactly” with “Contains text” for easier use.
- The project tree now allows for inline renaming of classes and documents. Added drag-and-drop of documents to other folders.
- Added examples “Physically Based Rendering”, “Simple Shadow Maps” and “HBAO”.
- Qt updated to 5.14.2.
- GraphicsState did not inherit root signatures.
- Fixed crash in texture gpu-upload with “Generate mips” enabled on unsupported formats.
- Resolving relative paths in project did not always work correctly.
- Fixed race condition in loading of projects.
- Fixed race condition in ExpressionValue/Vector/Matrix.
- Fixed crash related to back/forward navigation buttons.
- Removed unused child connections in VectorArrayElement.
- InstanceRefArray had a potential nullptr crash.
- UAV-config in GraphicsResourceChip had a bug in format settings.
- Fixed crash in shader pipeline validation (matching shader stage signatures).
- Shader RWBuffer-type did not work.
- Texture did not set timestamp when texture gpu resource created.
- Sampler-chip did not set parameters from its config dialog correctly.
- Fixed crash in Texture dialog when viewing textures arrays or when texture fails to init.
- Fixed deadlock when pressing “Reload all project files” when the project is being loaded.
- Render target views and depth stencil views did not update when changing settings in GraphicsResource-chip dialog.
- Compute-chip did not work if d3d-device was not already created.
- Publisher did not create output directories as expected.
VERSION 22.214.171.124 (15.03.2020)
Critical fix to Shader serialization function.
- Improved function for locating textures in importer.
- Critical: Shader-chip serialization function did not include all data causing the document to be unloadable.
- Importer did not parse vertex colors correctly.
VERSION 126.96.36.199 (14.03.2020)
Another maintenance release with a few updates and bugfixes.
- Qt updated to version 5.14.
- PhysX updated to version 4.1.1.
- Assimp updated to version 5.0.1.
- Major internal refactorings to GraphicsChips and D3D12Chips to easier support multiple graphics APIs in the future.
- GraphicsBuffer chip did not support all type of numeric formats given in shaders.
- Mouse wheel input did not distinguish between vertical and horizontal scrolling.
VERSION 188.8.131.52 (03.12.2019)
- The predefined transform-operators in ExpressionVector was incorrect.
- Fixed crash when trying to create a SRV with an unsupported format.
VERSION 184.108.40.206 (28.11.2019)
- PhysX-chips did not work because of a build system issue.
VERSION 220.127.116.11 (27.11.2019)
This release contains numerous bugfixes greatly improving the stability and performance of SnaX Developer. In addition, SDL is now used to provide joystick inputs.
- Using SDL2 for joystick inputs.
- Fixed crash when resizing an inactive render window.
- GraphicsValue: Get UAV-width/height did not work correctly.
- D3D12 state tracking for resources sometimes failed when re-setting a state.
- GraphicsBuffer did not resize.
- Runtime-checks for D3D12-chips was not enabled -> crashed on invalid chip inputs.
- ExpressionVector cross-product did not work.
- Fixed crash on save that could happen in certain situations.
- Removed requirement for pixel shader.
- Sampler border color did not save.
- Fix Font-chip size issue.
- Numerous UI-fixes.
VERSION 18.104.22.168 (09.11.2019)
- Fixing problem compiling shaders.
VERSION 22.214.171.124 (01.11.2019)
Maintenance release fixing a few issues. See below.
- Vector dialog now got a color selector.
- Project views does now get focus when tab is opened.
- Publishing did not work because Primitives.dll was not included.
- Update to example “PhysX – Wrecking Ball.m3x”.
VERSION 126.96.36.199 (31.10.2019)
This release brings multiple Constant Buffer Views (CBV) per Material. This enables you to group constants (Values, Vectors and Matrices) based on update frequencies. Lighting properties can for example be updated and grouped independently of typical material properties such as for Camera and Object materices (World, Projection, WorldViewProjection etc).
- Material now supports multiple Constant Buffer Views (CBV).
- Skeleton now got a “World Matrix Array” to get the local matrix for each joint.
- Assimp upgraded to version 5.0.0.
- Fixed PhysX crash when GPU-acceleration was not available.
VERSION 188.8.131.52 (28.09.2019)
The big news with this release is the new SDK for SnaX: https://github.com/snaxgameengine/snaxsdk This SDK enables anyone to create their own chips for SnaX, implementing all kinds of new functionality, for example integrating new physics engines, sound and network libraries etc. In preparation for the SDK, this release contains mostly internal upgrades and refactorings, and not really any other new features.
- Upgraded to Visual Studio 2019.
- Qt is upgraded to 5.13.0.
- The SnaX installer now includes the VC redistributables. No local deployment anymore!
VERSION 184.108.40.206 (28.08.2019)
This release brings a couple of new features including the External Project View! This very interesting feature allows users to fully utilize a multi-monitor setup with SnaX. They can have the Project View going full screen at one monitor, the editor at another monitor, and possibly also property dialogs at a third monitor! There are also lots of other updates and bugfixes to this release!
- Added the External Project View.
- Starting a New Project does now open a dialog with a list of available startup-templates.
- Added pause mode to stop program execution while having a Project View open.
- Chips can be added from Editor View’s context menu. This list is also searchable.
- Chips can be added to the Editor View by pressing ‘C’ to bring up the searchable list of chips.
- Added the ReadbackBuffer to the D3D12-chips to do a async. download of textures from GPU.
- Improved formatting of numbers for Value, Vector and Matrix.
- Textures can be saved to disk from the Texture-dialog.
- Semi-transparent start-arrow is shown for the start-chip (if any) in classes that is not the current startup class. This is good for creating startup-templates!
- The Compute-chip now accepts a “target size” instead of the “Thread Group Count”.
- Added a couple of new startup templates.
- Added some new camera templates.
- Added an example for how to use Break Points.
- Editor panning is still middle mouse button, but now also right button. ALT+right button is zoom.
- Fixed crash if resizing Project View window while in break-point mode.
- Fixed other potential issues while in break-point mode.
- The Resampling texture dialog forced apsect radio to always be maintained.
- Fixed border condition for the Texture preview window.
- Rubber banding in the Editor View is now left-button only.
- Removed immutable state from Texture.
- Fixed race condition for loading of documents when Project View is open.
- Fixed a potential issue with the Class-chip.
VERSION 220.127.116.11 (30.07.2019)
This maintenance release contains mostly bugfixes and updates to examples, but does also enable SnaX for D3D12 hardware limited to resource binding Tier 1 and 2.
- The D3D12 hardware tier 1/2 limitation is removed.
- The Font-chip now accepts size as a child value input.
- Textout-chip accepts setting v/h alignment.
- The XGUI example is added. Plan is to make this a fully featured GUI library for SnaX.
- PhysX-examples are updated with XGUI.
- Several bugfixes for random crashes.
- Fixed faulty screenshot function.
VERSION 18.104.22.168 (22.04.2019)
Initial release of the Snax Game Engine!